Your child is changing every day. At Winston Prep, so is their individualized program.

At the heart of the Winston Prep learning methodology is understanding each and every student’s individual learning needs and profile — often for the first time in their lives. At Winston Prep, we connect research with practice. Through our Continuous Feedback System, our faculty will continually assess how your child is responding to their skill development plan and adjust their teaching approach based on that.

At Winston Prep, Science Meets Practice.

Our Continuous Feedback System (CFS) is an in-depth assessment process that allows our educators to evaluate both the learning challenges and strengths of each student. As an active, real-time communication and operating system, this process lets our teachers see and understand exactly how your child is doing day-to-day.
Our Focus Program provides daily, one-to-one remedial instruction for each student, targeting individual goals in the areas of greatest need. Focus instructors are responsible for developing a thorough understanding of each students’ learning profile and creating individualized goals that target remediation in various areas.
Based on research, we’ve identified eight qualities that matter most and correlate closely with postsecondary success. While developed and employed over time, these skill sets allow students to become independent learners, profoundly expanding the possibilities for students with learning differences.

Where Do We Begin?

Before your child spends their first day at Winston Prep, we spend weeks designing an academic program for your child’s specific needs. Our individualized educational process begins with the review of each student’s standardized testing, informal testing, and social-emotional development, as well as anecdotal information provided by parents, teachers and the student themselves.
Winston Prep then groups students based on their learning profile, thus allowing our expert educators to develop a curriculum that meets the needs of each student in a small group setting. The design of an individualized program that encourages skill acquisition and independence is one of the most challenging tasks for an educator, and to do so successfully one must fully assess, understand, and evaluate the responses of each student as an individual learner.


The supremely skilled faculty at Winston Prep were able to help our son through those rough spots. He is 16 and we’re beginning to discuss which colleges might be a good fit whereas when he was 9, we merely hoped he would make it through the school day. The groundwork for that transformation was laid over by the faculty and Focus teachers at the Winston Prep. For that, we are eternally grateful.

The Results?

Over the last decade, our specialized academic process resulted in a 99.7% high school graduation rate, and 80% of those graduates were college-bound. The remaining 20% of Winston graduates enroll in transitional, vocational, or other post-secondary programs.
Winston Preparatory School is a leading school for students with learning disabilities, including dyslexia, executive functioning difficulties (ADHD), and non-verbal learning disorders (NVLD).

WPS does not discriminate against applicants and students on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin. The Winston Preparatory School provides programs and services and equal opportunity in the administration of its educational and admissions policies, financial aid programs, employment, and the selection of its governing board without regard to gender, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, or any status recognized by federal, state and local civil rights and non-discrimination laws.